Sometimes for younger children, swallowing a capsule or experiencing a new taste may be challenging. But that's when many of our moms and dads have put on their thinking caps and come up with some creative, fun ways to ensure their kids get the lifetrients speak omega-3/vitamin E supplement they need.
*Many parents have found speak Smooth to be an excellent base for mixing and taking other supplements as well.
- Mix in pudding or yogurt.
- Stir into applesauce.
- Mix with orange juice or any other strongly flavored juice.
- Stir into chocolate milk.
- Mix with peanut or almond butter.
- Stir into a smoothie.
- Mix into coconut milk.
More Creative Ideas
- Squeeze on waffles and cover with syrup.
- Mix with 1 teaspoon spaghetti sauce.
- Mix into 1 bite strawberry ice-cream.
- Inject into a slightly warmed hot dog.
- Follow with a treat such as an M&M.
- Stir into blueberry pudding - a mixture of blueberries, avocado, and honey.
- Add pumpkin spice to a favorite food (milk, yogurt) and blend with speak.
- Mix with tuna fish or salmon.
- Mix speak with Honest kids fruit punch drink (low in sugar and great flavor)
- Mix in 1 sip of cola. The fizziness takes away the flavor and it's a treat.
- Slowly squirt into mouth with a syringe placed next to cheek so it will bypass most taste buds.
- Bite capsule and spit out get cap. Follow with a liquid or bite of food.
- Stir into liquid and sip through a straw. Great for improving muscle tone in mouth as well.
Great Suggestions from Parents
"Jotham is a real trooper and he takes his speak with just a gumball chaser. I lay him down and take the gel caps one at a time and use a large safety pin to poke a hole in one end. He empties it a bit then I poke a second hole to empty the rest more quickly. We do the same thing with the second gel cap. He asks, "All done, bubblegum?" I say yes we are all done and he pops his chosen color of gumball in his mouth. Those three words spoken together make his Mom VERY proud!!!!" –Julie M. Day, TX
"My son has always had difficulties with textures/tastes; however, he actually will "ask" for speak if I happen to forget it. The best way to get him to take it is to poke a hole in the capsule, squeeze out the liquid in 2 oz. of organic apple juice-same color as speak and as a "reward", he gets 4 more ounces of apple juice immediately after. It also helps to give it to him mid meal so he can continue eating whatever he was eating to help get rid of any residual taste. Also, 100% grape juice hides any "different" tastes that may be unpleasant to little ones." –Lisa, VA
"My daughter likes the taste of speak Smooth so much that we've started mixing her other vitamins in it. It makes it much easier to have one yummy bite than trying to mix everything into some sort of concoction that she'll actually take." -Janie, AL
If you have a special serving suggestion you'd like to share with other parents, we'd love to hear from you. Simply send it to us at email@example.com